The way Paul Pogba competes does not match that of Barcelona at all, according to Paul Scholes.
One of the transfer series that emerged this season is that of Paul Pogba and Barcelona. The Blaugrana are looking for a player to strengthen their midfield and have shown interest in the French midfielder and now World Champion.
Former Manchester United footballer Paul Scholes has given his opinion on the issue. Speaking on the BBC's "Radio 5 Live" show, the veteran ace stressed that the 25-year-old midfielder does not fit the style of play of Barcelona and that he would very much like to continue at United. The 43-year-old also commented on rumors of a relationship between the international player and Jose Mourinho, as well as the fact that he wore the captain's armband in the match against Leicester.
"I don't think Pogba is a player for a team like Barcelona. We hope she stays, every team wants to keep its best players and we want her to stay. He has tremendous abilities, but he hasn't shown them yet. We hope that he can lead Manchester United to claim the title. "
Regarding the reports that want him not to get along well with Jose Mourinho, he said: "I don't know. Obviously something is wrong with their relationship from what we read… Do we know anything clear? I do not know. What we do know is that Paul needs to play better more often than he does now. We all know his talent. Awesome ability, tremendous endurance, he is an athlete, but he does it once in 3-4 games and if you want to claim a title, I don't think that's enough. "
Regarding the fact that he wore a top armband of the captain in the match against Leicester, he said: "Clearly, he showed a desire in the match against Leicester, but he has to do it every week. For the chief's armband? I think from the moment we signed him he had to become a leader. Give him responsibilities, he is a new player. I don't think anyone stands out to be a team leader, I just think it would be ideal for him and I hope he keeps it. It started well on Friday (10/08), but I don't think he did anything special. If he can bear the responsibility, then let him keep it. "
Pogba started with a goal this season, while last year he scored a total of 37 appearances, 6 goals and 12 assists in all competitions with Manchester United. In the World Cup he had 1 goal and 1 assist in 6 matches with the French national team.
Mourinho: "The class is not bought"
On the occasion of the mention made in his name in the documentary of Manchester City, Jose Mourinho threw his nail for the English champions.
A few days ago, Manchester City released a documentary about last year's course of the team until winning the championship.
At the point of reference in the derby with Manchester United, the narrator did not speak in the best words about the tactics that Jose Mourinho followed.
"Possession against defense, football against a parked coach" were the words that infuriated "Special One".
The experienced technician spoke about the incident, emphasizing that City's documentary could be good and without negative comments about other people.
"You can have a very good movie and at the same time respect others. You don't have to show disrespect to make a great movie. You can be a rich club, buy the best players in the world, but you can't buy the class, that was clear, "said the Portuguese.
Jενrgen Klopp is not among them
Hard words from Jκrgen Klopp for those who ... rejoice with the injury of Kevin De Bruyne.
Yesterday we had the official information from Manchester City, which said that Kevin De Bruyne will be absent for three months due to a knee problem.
Already, many have begun to rejoice at the situation that has developed, as they believe that City is becoming more vulnerable without the Belgian midfielder. However, Jκrgen Klopp is not among them.
Strinic will stop all sports activities for the time being
Ivan Strinic was initially diagnosed with heart hypertrophy, which will stop all sports activities for the time being, as announced by Milan.
Bad news for Ivan Strinic, who joined the roster of Milan just this summer as a free agent from Napoli, as the "Rossoneri" announced today that the Croatian defender was diagnosed with hypertrophy in the heart!
In fact, according to the same announcement, Strinic will have to stop all his sports activities in the first phase and until the detailed results come out, in order to avoid any further unpleasant situations.
"Milan reports that during routine tests every six months in Italy for professional athletes, it has been found that Ivan Strinic has a heart problem. This means that he will have to undergo further examinations, while after a period of rest, he will have to stop all sports activities until they are completed ", said the position of Milan for the 31-year-old ace.
Lopetegi: "We focus on getting the most out of the team"
The Real coach does not "burn" for further reinforcements. Or so he says.
Hulen Lopetegui avoided transferring in any way for Real Madrid in today's press conference in view of the start of the championship.
"We focus on getting the most out of my team. We have a lot of talent and my players have a great mentality. "I really like the material I have in my hands and I have no doubt about it," said the "queen" coach.
However, he announced the departure of goalkeepers, as there are three on the roster (Courtois, Navas, Casillas, Lunin, Zidane). "We have five at the moment and not everyone can stay. We will keep three, we will decide who when we should. "
300 million euros for the purchase of Neymar
Real Madrid ... is waiting in the corner for the completion of UEFA's investigation into the possible violation of financial fair play by Paris Saint-Germain, in order to "grab" Neymar.
The 26-year-old Brazilian international midfielder and former Barcelona ace (2013-17) remains the ardent desire of the strong man of "Merengues", Florentino Perez, while if the French duo accept to "enter" in negotiations for his concession ( However, this will only happen if UEFA "forces" them, the three consecutive European champions are willing to disburse 300 million euros to buy it, dusting off all previous transfer records.
With "hegemonic" earnings, Modric
The experienced Croatian international midfielder Luka Modric will hang his shoes on the Real Madrid jersey, as revealed by the newspaper "AS".
The 33-year-old midfielder will immediately sign the extension of his contract with the "Merengues", which ends in the summer of 2020, with "hegemonic" earnings of 10 million pounds per year, ie the money that the leader Sergio Ramos and the Welsh receive. international midfielder Gareth Bale.
Icardi is still high on Real's transfer list
Inter captain Mauro Icardi is still high on Real Madrid's transfer list to bolster their attacking line-up.
Luciano Spalletti's Nerazzurri, however, are not even going to discuss the transfer of the 25-year-old Argentine international striker and former Sampdoria ace (2012-13) for less than 100 million euros, as they consider him the leader of their domestic effort this year. events and the Champions League.
Henry in place of Poget
Uruguayan Gustavo Poget is past the technical leadership of Bordeaux and the Girondins' management wants to replace him with a "heavy" name.
The reason for the legendary veteran international striker Thierry Henry, who was in the technical staff of the Spanish coach of the Belgian National Team, Roberto Martinez, in the World Cup in Russia, while his name was recently "connected" recently with Aston Villa.
Marquise for Paris
Claudio Marchisio has left Juventus after 25 years and scenarios have led him to consider reuniting with Gigi Buffon in Paris Saint-Germain.
According to "Gazzetta dello Sport", Paris has reportedly already approached the 32-year-old Italian midfielder in order to fill the gap left in the midfield by the "retirement" of Thiago Motta.
For his part, Marchisio would not say no to the prospect of a Champions League target, while the presence of his former teammate at Juventus, Gigi Buffon, may play an important role in his decision.
In addition, Marchisio has made it clear that he will not be playing for another team out of respect for Juve, while teams from MLS and China are reportedly interested in acquiring him.
Felipe Luis will leave for Paris
Felipe Luiz has asked Atletico Madrid to accept the offer of Paris Saint-Germain in order to become a resident of France.
Since the beginning of this summer, Paris Saint-Germain has been looking for a player for the left wing of the defense.
The French champions contacted Alex Sandro of Juventus and the information stated that an official proposal had been made. Eventually, the Brazilian decided to stay in the Italian team and another "Celesao" player will take his place.
According to information from Spain, Felipe Luis will leave Atletico Madrid until August 31, with the destination of the French champion.
The experienced full-back sees that he has lost his place in the starting line-up by Lucas Hernandez and is said to have asked the "Rochiblancos" not to stand in the way.
The 33-year-old's contract expires in the summer of 2019 and with a relatively small amount, Paris Saint-Germain is expected to make the player its own.